We are recruiting a Production Supervisor for a leading automotive company based in Wellingborough. The Production Supervisor will provide leadership and guidance to their designated production area and strive to ensure production deliverables are met within a continuous improvement environment.
The Production Supervisor will;
- Manage the planning and allocation of production personnel to ensure the production team achieve required production targets within defined budgets
- Drive maximum efficiency and productivity whilst ensuring compliance with the Company's HSE and Quality procedures,
- Manage and develop the production team to increase multi skill levels within the team ensuring all employees are suitably trained to ensure production performance targets are achieved,
- Promote the safe working culture within the business, recommending improvements as appropriate,
- Manage departmental OEE and contribute to engineering changes, driving efficiency improvement in collaboration with supporting functions,
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives and projects, taking ownership of potential improvement opportunities,
- Ensure all company procedures are adhered to, taking appropriate further action as necessary
- Experience in modern manufacturing techniques including FMEA, APQP, KAIZEN, KANBAN and Statistical Process Control is essential.
- Ability to plan workloads and set key targets to meet overall business objectives.
- Understanding and ability to report on key performance indicators related to people, quality, velocity and cost.
- Experience of team management within a high precision manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication and IT skills, with the ability to easily transfer information
- Knowledge of machining and assembly operations would be beneficial
- Ability to work a variety of shift patterns as required by the business.
- Mechanical engineering degree and/or a recognised business/employee management qualification is desirable.
Interested applicant should apply to this advert or conatct Katharine Bignell on for more information.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.