8891 Web Developer
We are looking to recruit a Web Developer for our Paris Optimal Transport Planning team, based in Cambridge. Working with the General Manager of the PARIS office you will create and build new web-based products in line with business strategy. You will analyse, design and enhance our suite of web-based solutions, evolving them with the requirements of the business.
- Analyse, design, build, test and implement web-based solutions that enhance product marketability.
- Generate robust, well-documented, maintainable source code. Create reusable code and reusable software building blocks where technology allows.
- Select and use web authoring software as appropriate to achieving agreed goals.
- Solve technical problems as appropriate to the development undertaken.
- Be responsible for the visual appearance, usability, security measures and maintenance of the websites and web applications.
- Ensure that websites and web applications are attractive to the target users, have a logical navigation system, strong core functionality and all the features required.
- Implement media content, social networking solutions.
- Take ownership of supporting the websites, communicating directly with internal and external customers to resolve their issues and queries.
- Server side development, working with web service APIs to the PARIS system.
For full details, please refer to the Role Profile and visit http://www.parisoptimalplanning.com.
Who are we looking for?
Suitable applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in web development, ideally in a commercial environment.
- Working knowledge of web services and frameworks such as jQuery, Node.js would be beneficial
- GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths grade C or above.
- National Diploma or similar qualification in IT or related subject.
This role is being recruited at Grade M11 and is a full time position working 40 hours Mon - Fri.