IT Support Technician
Role: IT Support Technician (Construction)
Location: County Durham
My client, an extremely renowned metal roofing and cladding systems manufacturer and contractor are looking for an experienced IT Support Technician to join their dynamic and ever growing company on a permanent basis. Reporting into the IT Manager, the IT Support Technician will provide first line IT Support for the groups 220 users and systems. Core responsibilities of the role include;
- 1st line IT support, providing helpdesk style support for the office, shopfloor based I.T. Equipment and software by problem solving and user education enabling productive / efficient practices.
- Supporting remote workers and remote site IT operations from the central portals
- Ensure smooth operation and support of it systems by monitoring and resolving data flow issues.
- Follow established procedures for backup routines, media, storage and system monitoring to ensure data integrity, security and accuracy
- Ensure documentation and procedures are created, maintained and improved upon to enable smooth operations for common duties
- Assist in undertaking appropriate preventative maintenance on all essential equipment
- Assist in new IT developments and projects
- Upgrade and update hardware and software to meet business and user requirements to increase productivity and maintain stability
In order to be considered for the role, the chosen candidate must have an interest and a keen passion for all things IT! This role would suit an ambitious individual who is looking to forge a career in IT and expand their IT skill set. A pre-requisite of the role is that the candidate must have an A level or successful level 4 apprenticeship in IT. Other key competencies include;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Flexible, motivated and reliable.
- Strong customer facing skills.
- Positive attitude to deliver excellent service and continuous improvement.
- Able to act on own initiative.
- Current driving license and own transport.
Experience of the following skills are ideal but are not a pre-requisite for the role;
- SAP ECC6
- Cisco network
- Trend Micro security suite
- Avaya PBX
If you are an IT savvy individual who has the core competencies needed to be successful in such a role, then please do not hesitate in applying today. For further information, call Daniel Riley on or alternately email