Financial Accountant - 6 Month Contract
Cooper Lomaz have an immediate opportunity for a technically minded Financial Accountant to join their Peterborough based client on an initial 6 month contract. The organisation has some exciting projects planned for the year and as Financial Accountant, you will form part of the project team providing technical support and assistance to a number of different business units. With the ad hoc nature of the projects, the successful candidate is likely to work with a variety of different teams so strong relationship, communication and stakeholder management skills are a must.
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- Production of Statutory Accounts and General Ledger maintenance
- Management of intercompany transactions and accounting
- Support with Compliance and Group reporting policy review, including support of new controls implementation
- Review Trial Balance from Assistant Accountant
- Working with the Financial Controller on ad hoc reporting based projects
The successful candidate will ideally be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with prior experience in a similar Technical Accounting/Financial Accounting focussed role. You will have experience of producing accounts to demanding group deadlines and have a passion for statutory reporting. Candidates will ideally be immediately available or available at short notice to interview and commence work. There is potential for the role to be extended or made permanent for the right candidate.