£35,000 - £40,000
My client is seeking a Project Engineer to be responsible for the leading and coordinating of projects within the engineering function. The successful candidate will be focused on coordination of rail, aerospace and industrial projects but will be expected to support projects outside of this remit as required.
- Lead on coordinating and ensuring that the project team delivers in a timely, effective and efficient manner against Project milestones and deadlines.
- To manage the full project management life cycle, taking enquiries from a live order to production solution.
- Responsible for defining the project plan and to lead and drive all necessary cross functional actions, ensuring timely delivery.
- Work closely with customers, to define technical requirements, communicate project progress and agree appropriate actions and deliverables.
- Work closely with production engineers and the operations team, to support and actively contribute to key engineering actions, specifically FMEA, Test plans, BOM & Route and Work instructions.
- Effectively communicate to internal stakeholders on progress, raise any risks or delays and actively work to resolve to ensure on time delivery.
- Engage with external consultants and test houses to expedite test, product, material and process development to support the agreed product development.
- Degree qualified Engineer, ideally mechanical.
- Proven ability within a project engineering role.
- Experience in rail and composite engineering projects, from enquiry to live production.
- Experienced with working with customers, with proven track record in defining technical requirements.
- Experience with effective time management, project coordination skills, working to milestones and delivering on time against project plan.
- Strong user knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Willing to travel on infrequent occasion both within UK and International.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82270061