Lead Design Engineer
Lead Design Engineer
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforceand create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also smallenough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable,innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse,inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can beginWorking Right.
Our PowerSystems Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to ourglobal partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutionsthat will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own yourcareer. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individualswith a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Daventry, Northamptonshire for a Lead Design Engineer.
Cummins Power Systems UK’s Design Flex team is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects. This affords the opportunity to work across multifunctional engine and genset platform applications, thus offering true diversity and the ability to develop your career with best in class design engineering colleagues. You will also have the potential to develop your leadership skills within this role.
Your impact will beseen in these and other ways:
- _ Liaising with internal and external stakeholders,to offer expert engineering design and product design services across Cummins’power systems engine and sub-system and/or component areas.
- _ Applying and developing knowledge of engineeringprinciples and practices to assigned tasks in the design, development, analysisand release of products and subsystems through the product life cycle.
- _ Working with other engineering disciplines andcross-functional disciplines to resolve product issues.
- _ Applies engineering and/or scientific skills anddevelops experience in creating engineering solutions.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience required, such as responsibility for several components of a project or a complex component of a project.
- CAD software expertise using PTC CREO 2 or similar
- Experience or interest in the design of electromechanical systems, components and wiring would be desirable however is not required.
- Engine and engine system design, and component experience a distinct advantage.
- Detailed design and drafting experience
- Manufacturing process knowledge
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Bachelor of science, or equivalent degree in engineering required.
Compensation and Benefits
- £28,240 - £35,300 (negotiable and dependent upon experience)
- bonus to 8%
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Cummins Pension