Job Title: Compliance Officer
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Salary: £18,000 - £25,000 dependent on experience
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire
Reports to: Compliance Director
Kabayan Capital Limited (T/As Kabayan Remit) is an online remittance company, providing fast and efficient remittance services to the Filipino community in the UK. We provide a professional, friendly and bilingual service (English & Tagalog). We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). We have an opportunity for an individual to join us in the role of Compliance Officer.
The Compliance Officer is responsible for ensuring all company activity adheres to policy and is compliant with UK and Philippines legislation, focusing on combating money laundering, financial crime and terrorism. The role requires a high level of independent decision making, professionalism and dedication to ensure the smooth running of remittance operations.
DUTIES & RESONSIBILITIES
1) Complete identification and verification standards of all new customers.
2) Apply company policies and compliance rules to remittance activity.
3) Liaise with Customers requiring additional evidence to reach identification and anti money laundering standards.
4) Monitor customer activity to combat financial crime and money laundering
5) Ensure internal systems are adhered to and remittances are safely and promptly completed.
1) To adhere to the Kabayan Remit company policies and objectives.
2) To ensure that the remittance operations comply with applicable rules and regulations.
3) To ensure successful identification of new customers.
4) To maintain the necessary records for individual customer members.
- College degree, preferably in Business/Finance or Certificate related to the business
- Strong presence, communication, and interpersonal skills and an ability to motivate and manage at all levels
- Must be willing to travel or relocate to Bicester, Oxfordshire.
- All candidates must have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
- Experience in compliance field is an advantage but not essential, as full training will be provided.
- Ability to speak in Filipino/Tagalog would be an advantage but is not essential.
Technical Skills Required
- Ability to listen carefully and effectively communicate with different types of customers
- Ability to understand and adhere to best practices and company policies
- Ability to independently make decisions and provide evidence of justification
- Ability to professionally handle complaints, even when working with difficult customers
- Ability to satisfy customers by going above and beyond the call of duty for unique situations
- Ability to use automated information systems to analyse client information and continuously improve personal performance
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Strong IT skills