Financial Accountant - Pension Schemes
Exciting opportunity for qualified (or finalist level) Accountant with market leading Plc
About the role
This exciting & varied position will involve being responsible for the scheme accounting on a designated portfolio of existing established pension schemes.
About Capita | Employee Benefits
Capita Employee Benefits is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We provide award-winning pensions and employee benefits solutions. As one of the leading consultancies in the UK, our specialist knowledge and expertise ensures we create innovative solutions which can make a real difference to our clients and their employees.
What you will do:
- Produce year end statutory accounts, liaise with auditors and ensure the accounts are signed by the deadline and in line with timetables agreed.
- · Ensure that cash balances are monitored and regular cash flows prepared taking into account all known factors
- · Produce quarterly reports and ad hoc reports and services
- · Ensure that payments are properly controlled, promptly actioned and accurately accounted for
- · Ensure that company procedures are adhered to at all times
- · Liaise with clients, external and internal auditors and other professional advisers
- · Process complaints at the earliest opportunity with a positive attitude,
- · Adhere to the ISO and Investors in People Standards, Quality Management System and comply with pensions and FCA regulations and initiatives, for example, Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
- · Identify and report risk and breaches immediately to your line manager and /or the Operational Risk & Compliance Department
Your experience will include:
Qualified ACCA / CIMA / ACA
Excellent experience of accounts preparation
Strong excel skills
Can work to strict dead lines
Any accounting experience within the pensions / trust sector would be highly beneficial, although not essential. This role might also suit a motivated individual who has a practice background & is looking to utilise their experience in the commercial sector.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.