Occupational Health Advisor
JOB TITLE: Occupational Health Advisor
DEPARTMENT: Occupational Health
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Occupational Health Operations Manager
LOCATION: Home based, with travel into London and Epsom
Nuffield Health has developed a fresh approach to Occupational Health and we are looking for a dynamic team member to join our growing business.
This role will provide a comprehensive, professional Occupational Health (OH) Service to the staff of Nuffield Health and external organisations in line with Company OH policies and procedures and local arrangements as required.
The primary focus will be on delivering a first class OH service to meet the companies changing business needs
The approach will be primarily remote case management
3.1 Service Delivery
- Occasional travel into London and Epsom will be required when face appointments are required.
- Assist with the promotion of the OH service and work with Human Resources and other key contacts to ensure appropriate and timely OH services are offered.
- Work proactively with Human Resource teams and line managers to build good working relationships and ensure open channels of communication.
- Build relationships with the wider Nuffield Health team. Embed clinical referral pathways to other NH staff in the fitness and wellbeing centre.
- Assist with the compilation of management information reports.
- Ensure OH services are delivered within the service level agreements set out in policy / client contracts.
- Participate in audits, satisfaction surveys and any other quality monitoring as required
- Attend meetings as required
- Maintain a high standard of OH record keeping using the OH IT system.
- Any other duties as required within the scope of OH practice
- Carry out pre pre-placement health screening on all prospective staff in line with company guidelines.
- Carry out baseline health assessments on employment of all new staff in line with the company health interview procedure.
- Deliver a case management service by assessing individuals referred because of sickness absence. Provide advice on fitness to work support individuals to return through the development of suitable Rehabilitation programmes referring to the OH physician as necessary.
- Develop a good knowledge of the health and wellbeing benefits that companies offer their staff and ensure appropriate referral to other services as required such as PMI, EAP etc.
- At the Managers request, assess individuals who have performance issues, which may be caused or exacerbated by health problems.
- Utilise opportunities to work in conjunction with the wider Nuffield Health integrated team to provide a seamless service to clients
- Ensure proactive management of all cases until closed
- Assist with vaccination programmes as required e.g. flu vaccinations, if competent to do so.
- Be a source of advice to staff and managers on issues pertaining to OH.
- If competent to do so; perform health surveillance as required, escalating abnormal results
- Assist with risk assessments as required
- Maintain OH records in a secure and confidential manner
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of health promotion activities as required
- Assist with the investigation of workplace accidents as required and advise on preventative measures as appropriate.
- Support Occupational Health projects as requested by your line manager
Woking hours may occasionally include early mornings or late evenings.
The role holder will be required to comply with the policies and procedures in place at all times.
About Nuffield Occupational Health
Our aim is to provide Occupational Health (OH) as it should be; customer focused, with quality at the heart of everything we do.
We are a proactive provider of OH services, with the main objective to work closely with our clients, to review specific health trends that affect their employees and to develop preventative health solutions - to help them get in front of the main drivers of sickness absence
Nuffield Health is committed to expanding its commercial OH presence and in particular working with our fitness and wellbeing colleagues to deliver integrated propositions which include primary care, health assessment, fitness, physiotherapy and ergonomic services and OH.
OH services are delivered from every Nuffield Health hospital and through our London Medical Centres, A number of clients have onsite services, with OH either as a stand- alone discipline or as part of the integrated health and wellbeing team.
Although the clinicians work independently, we operate as a team with group email addresses, occasional WebEx sessions and quarterly team meetings to include professional updating sessions, opportunities to discuss issues, share ideas and network.