Part Time Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant
Our client is seeking an experienced Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper to join their small, friendly team on a permanent part time basis.
Please note prior to applying for this vacancy the following information. Hours of work are 9.00am - 5.00pm 3 days per week and the days are set as Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. There is also no parking onsite however the company is easily accessible via public transport. Prior to attending interview our client will require candidate's authorisation in order to perform a credit check and other relevant information as our client is FCA regulated.
Working as an Accounts Assistant/ Bookkeeper the purpose of the position is to manage the client bank accounts and to ensure premium and commissions are paid accurately and efficiently in a timely manner.
- Client premium accounting procedures
- Collection of premium including credit control
- Banking and in accordance with FCA rules
- Preparing premium declarations for different insurers using different formats
- Reconciling client bank accounts
- Transferring commission into business bank account
- Liaising with clients, agents and financial institutions as appropriate
- Preparing agent commission statements in sterling and other currencies and using Internet Banking transfers to pay the commission to agents appropriately
- Updating records pertaining to the client bank accounts
- To liaise with auditors as required
- Preparing reports for Directors as required
- Maintaining and producing statistical information for FCA reporting and PI application
- Complying with set timescales and meeting deadlines throughout the month
- Reconciling credit card accounts which collecting client premium
- Working within the rules of the Financial Conduct Authority
- Processing premium credit card payments and refunds as appropriate and updating data on internal databases and spreadsheets
- Recording and reconciling petty cash
- Answer phones and deal with queries about insurance products when others are busy or absent
Skills and Experience:
A recognised bookkeeping/ Accountancy qualification is desirable and proficient IT skills with intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is essential. A candidate with previous accounts / bookkeeping experience is required, highly numerate with excellent communication skills and an eye for detail. An insurance background would be an advantage.
Working within a small team it is paramount that the individual is a team player, organised, able to work to deadlines and willing to step in to assist others.
Hourly rate offered will likely be £10.50 per hour (£11,466 per annum) up to £13.00 per hour (£14,196 per annum) for a candidate with a relevant qualification however this is also dependent on experience.
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. If you would like to be considered for similar and future positions, or for a complete listing of all our current vacancies, please visit our website.