Lecturer: Electrical Engineering
Teach and assess on a range of programmes within the Department of Engineering - Electrical Installations.
- Teach across a range of programmes as appropriate.
- Act as a tutor to a group, or work with a caseload, of full-time or part-time students; encourage student-centred, active learning, provide appropriate pastoral care.
- Attend Parents' evenings and other relevant activities as scheduled.
- Act as a course leader ensuring that courses are planned and delivered effectively ensuring implementation of quality processes.
- Prepare schemes of work, teaching materials, audio-visual aids, learning packages and notes, and prepare and complete accurate records as appropriate.
- Contribute towards the implementation of student action plans, tracking documentation, profiles, portfolios and records of achievement.
- Contribute to the effective delivery of work experience programme for students.
- Practical knowledge of the industry or subject area that you are teaching.
- Knowledge of the use of information and learning technology (ILT) as appropriate to his/her level of responsibility.
- Teaching qualification e.g. PGCE or Certificate in Education or be willing to work towards achieving this. At least a Level 3 qualification in the relevant subject.
- Qualified Assessor Level 2 Maths and English or willing to work towards.
- Experience and knowledge of professional practice in an educational environment and recent, relevant industrial experience gained in the last 5 years.
- Ability to communicate with and manage students in the learning environment. Proficient at delivery at level 1 & 2
- A flexible and imaginative approach to teaching, learning and assessment. Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Evidence of recent professional development
- Qualified to Degree Level in a relevant subject. Qualified Verifier or have a commitment to work towards this.
- Experience in a Post 16/Further Education environment.
- Experience and delivery of Apprenticeship.
- Experience in internally assessing accredited courses up to A Level.
- Able to deliver up to HNC