Key Account Manager - Wine Retail
Key Account Manager – Wine Retail
Salary: £28,000 + 5K bonus
I am looking for a Key Account Manager who can manage existing key accounts throughout London
You are casual, chatty, presentable & a complete wine but, with a WSET level 2
- Known as an award winning leading retailer of Wine
- They stock the best wines at the best prices, with next day delivery
- Successfully manage & grow your existing account base.
- Act as the main point of contact for your customers, and to build strong working relationships with them.
- Conduct wine list reviews, staff training courses, and wine tasting evenings for our customers.
- Negotiate new listings, implement prices changes, and arrange the reprinting of wine lists as appropriate.
- Achieve annual sales and margin targets, and manage yearly budgets.
- Work effectively and closely with the various company departments and retail teams.
- Strong persuasive skills and the ability to reassure.
- Ability to think on your feet and make good judgments as befits the situation.
- Analytical and numerate with attention to detail.
- You will have strong relationship building skills and be highly articulate and proactive.
- Self-motivated with a proven track record, driven and a strong communicator.
- Computer literate, using Word and Excel.
The ideal candidate
- A degree in marketing or business is desirable
- Expected and encouraged to contribute ideas to grow business.
- A good thought leader, hands on approach and happy ‘do-er’
- Experience in the drinks trade is essential as well as strong B2B sales experience
- Must be passionate, sales driven, hungry & thrives on winning new business.
- People person, a natural leader, you’re humble, more than happy to roll your sleeves up and muck in, and you enjoy working hand in hand within a close-knit team.
- You live, think and breathe customer.
- Wine lover. a real enthusiasm for learning about wine, and sharing that with our customers and your team.
- Natural salesperson. People want to buy from you.
- Doer. You have a strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability. You make things happen.
- Determined. Retail is hard work, it suits active people. You love and crave working relentlessly hard, and do it with a sparky, gutsy, determination.
- Smart. You have a degree or relevant qualification in any subject, or proven relevant work experience.
- Committed. From working busy weekends to studying for industry-recognised wine qualifications, it’s a long way from a Monday to Friday, 9 till 5 desk job.
If this is of interest or if you know anyone that may be suitable, please send your updated CV to
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website:
COREcruitment operate one of the best referral schemes in the industry - know anyone looking for a new challenge? Email with your contacts CV - you could earn up to £500!