Cherry professional are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Financial Controller for this growing SME based in Central Derby.
Details about the Client
A privately owned, SME. They are seeking a Financial Controller who will sit on the senior management team and work alongside the Managing Director to support the business and advise on the best path of growth for the business.
The successful individual is expected to analyse figures and implement recommendations based on these findings with the most profitable outcomes as well as have a hands on approach to the Financial Controller role.
Detailed Job Description
The key objectives of the Financial Controller are:
- Running the accounting processes for the business, delivering monthly financial reporting according to applicable accounting standards and to internal and external reporting deadlines.
- Overseeing accurate, efficient and timely transactional processes - payroll, purchase and sales ledgers, and cash book - managerial responsibility for a small finance team.
- Interfacing with operational and commercial management to ensure integrity and effective financial control in processes throughout the business.
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for departmental process improvement.
- To be an effective member of the management team, implementing the business strategy of the company during a period of significant change.
- Monitoring & forecasting company cash flows.
- Interfacing with external bodies - auditors, banktax, lawyers & HMRC.
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) who adopts a commercial and analytical approach. Understanding the business impact of the numbers is crucial. The business is entrepreneurial by nature and requires a highly energetic, motivated individual with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success. The business is growing and the role requires somebody who is a strong character, level headed and calm and has a probing and questioning attitude towards their work.
The ideal candidate will have had experience in a broad finance role, coupled with strong Excel and modelling skills.
What's on offer
A basic salary of c£50k + Car + bonus