Application Architect - £75-£80k Car Allowance Benefits
APPLICATION ARCHITECT - BLACKBURN £75K-£80K + CAR ALLOWANCE
ARE YOU CURRENTLY SUFFERING THE COMMUTE INTO CENTRAL MANCHESTER FROM LANCASHIRE OR SURROUNDING AREA?
HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN A COMPANY READY TO EMBARK ON A MAJOR DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION PROGRAMME?
THEN PLEASE READ ON ...
As part of the development and expansion of their IT department, my client has a new opportunity for an Application Architect to join their growing team.
Reporting to the Head of IT Strategy and Architecture, the Application Architect will develop, implement and govern, an innovative IT Applications approach and architectural roadmap. They will lead change standardisation, establishing and implementing architectural policies that will enable decision making and resource management effectiveness.
What I am looking for?
I looking for an experienced IT professional with extensive experience of project and software development methodology, both theoretical and practical using Agile, Prince 2 or equivalent.
I need someone with previous retail experience, either working with an established digital retailer or working with them through a digital transformation process.
This is an ideal role for a commercial Application Architect, who thrives on successfully utilising technology to deliver projects and business outcomes.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in business process modelling, requirements gathering and solution design on large and complex projects (large projects may be defined as those requiring greater than one-man years effort and involving three or more members of staff or third part resources).
- Strong systems development experience, including solution design in a multi-tier architecture, build, test and implementation on large and complex projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of project and software development methodology, both theoretical and practical using Agile, Prince 2 or equivalent
- Excellent judgement in decision-making and in recommending courses of action
- Accurate estimates for the analysis deliverables
- Experience of successfully leading the functional and / or technical design on large and complex projects
- Proven track record in planning and running workshops with business and IT staff and producing documentation including minutes, definitions of terms and business use case models.
- Ability to coordinate and produce user case documents and scenarios to support requirements, agreeing content with users in workshops and obtaining sign-off
- Experience of all aspects of functional testing, including system and UAT testing
- CASE tools to document UML models (Enterprise Architect)
- Building and demonstrating functional prototypes using Axure to secure business sign off of solution designs
- Excellent working knowledge of MIS tools, such as Data Services, Data warehouse, Dimensional modelling and Business Objects and Microsoft productivity tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82219779