Senior Software Engineer
Capita IT Resourcing are currently working with a FTSE 250 client based in Bedfordshire in their search for a Senior Software Engineer to join their team.
My client develops and markets Management Information System software for Schools in the UK and abroad and is a market leader in this sector.
They are in the process of developing a very significant and ground breaking cloud-based system which will ultimately replace their existing market leading product which will support over 22000 schools.
The Senior Software Engineer will ensure that the solution scales cost effectively and delivers a responsive, perform-ant user experience to their users.
There is a requirement to be able to travel to India (roughly twice a year) where some of their team members are located.
- Lead the analysis and tuning of the solution to improve the responsiveness of the system and reduce the operational costs.
- Continue to evolve the performance and scalability pipeline to ensure we have an effective data-driven approach to identifying issues, reducing performance regression and improving scalability and performance across the system.
- Provide mentoring and training across the 12 Development Teams in developing high performance solutions such that problems are prevented or resolved at source.
- Significant experience of solving performance issues on significant and high traffic web system.
- Exceptional C#/Asp.net MVC/SQL Server experience.
- Experience of performance profiling (e.g. using Ants)
- Experience of developing in a services based architecture (Micro-services) and monolithic architecture.
- Experience of Microsoft Azure.
- Load Testing experience (ideally using Visual Studio Load Test suite)
- Good architectural awareness.
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Great people skills, with the ability to mentor and train less experienced engineers.
- Good business judgement - able to strike the right balance between pragmatic solutions and longer term goals.
- Passion for software engineering excellence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible attitude and approach
If you would be interested in this position, please apply using the link below to be put under immediate consideration.
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82212924