Sourcing Manager / Procurement Manager (indirects) £55,000 - £65,000, Luton, Bedfordshire
This strategic management position offers an experienced procurement professional an opportunity to work for a business that strives for continuous improvement. The role has responsibility of a large spend (£50 million) and therefore the ability to strategically lead strong sourcing processes is key. The company offer a great working environment (their staff retention proves this), exceptional benefits and flexible working hours.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE OF JOB
Develops winning sourcing strategies and execution plans to drive total cost reduction in the assigned sourcing category. Sourcing strategy, negotiation, contracting, benchmarking and supplier identification. Leads negotiations on contracts with suppliers /service providers ensuring all aspects of the companies interests are represented in the finished contract.
Serves as lead negotiator with ongoing contracts as well as one time purchases.
Leads strategic sourcing processes, category review, RFI and RFP, analysis and selection process for medium to highly complex expense categories.
Supply contracting & contract management for assigned categories.
Develops category market intelligence for the managed category, such as competitive landscape, market trends, cost component tracking, supplier identification / research etc.
Manages internal customer / supplier relationships and implements continuous improvement strategies on an ongoing basis.
Works with the legal department to facilitate implementation of supplier agreements.
Responsible for tracking the financial performance of assigned sourcing category.
Management of supplier contract compliance.
- English, other European languages advantageous
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- University degree or equivalent in Sourcing / Supply Chain/ Business.
- Comprehensive knowledge and proven application of strategic sourcing process.
- Several years of experience in sourcing in a leadership role.
- Must possess strong negotiation skills and understanding of total cost sourcing.
- Ability to build relationships, both with suppliers and internal customers.
- Ability to perform complex cost analysis to compare true cost.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Microsoft Office, SAP
This role will require up to 20% of European travel
Prestige Appointments are a Recruitment Agency providing permanent resourcing and selection services to employers throughout the UK.