IT Support Engineer
We are a Managed IT Service Provider based in north London-Stanmore helping SME’s all around UK. As part of our business expansion plans are currently looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, highly self-motivated IT Support Technician with good communication along with decent experience in IT Support industry. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is keen prove their skills and prepared to learn new emerging technologies as and when required to handle the calls-incidents effectively.
To assist out current client and current Support Team in implementing new IT strategies, Support & Systems Administration with in Small Medium & Enterprise business sectors.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Resolve a variety of IT issues to service targets (remotely and on-site)
- Accurately maintain and update the Helpdesk System
- Work collaboratively within a team environment
- Build positive relationships with customers
- Installation and configuration of Client, Server and Mobile software/ Apps at end use location.
- Build, configure new PCs, Server and network devices to require specifications
- Provide support for IT infrastructure components, including desktops, Laptops, Applications and on-site telephony.
- Maintaining internal support documentation
- Daily network monitoring and backup monitoring
- Server support and maintenance task management
- Server OS and hardware installation
- Hardware maintenance tasks.
- Provide out of hours support where required
- Candidate must attend customer sites in a timely fashion.
- This role requires constant travel to client’s office and Project site on daily basis all around the year.
- Maintaining high standards and professional image of the company is an absolutely necessary at all stages.
- Preparing regular end of the day reports on the tasks assigned is required.
- Learning and following ITIL framework principles, Incident management systems is required.
- This role requires a good positive attitude towards job, tasks, clients and event at all times.
- Constantly improving of for IT support skills is absolute necessary and should be prepared to take latest certifications in Microsoft, Cisco, VM Ware, etc.….
Key Essential Skills and Experience Required:
- Candidates should be confident in public speaking, professionalism, have a real enthusiasm for working with a wide variety of people, and the ability to be calm and patient under pressure.
- Minimum 2-year IT experience in IT support industry.
- Working Knowledge of Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Exchange 2013/2016 knowledge
- Office 365 and Google Apps knowledge.
- Good understanding of at least Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems
- Proven analytical and logical troubleshooting approach
- Excellent telephone communication skills
- Strong drive for high customer service
- Ability/desire to work within a challenging environment
- ITIL Foundation V3 qualification (Desirable)
- MCSA server 2012 (Desirable)
- Microsoft Server Client and server OS Certifications.
- Good professional reference required from previous work place.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and client interaction skills.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must be proactive and positive at all time.
- Ideally, a Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems/Science, Mathematics, etc.).
- CRB Check Report and clearance is required for this Role.
- If you do hold a current DBS Check then this would be advantageous.
- You will also need a Full driver licence and your own car but a company carn will be provided (personal transport is only required to be used in urgent situations and business mileage will be covered).
Microsoft Server, Virtualization, Cloud solutions Certifications, SharePoint 2013
Cisco: IOS on Switches, Router,
Exposure to web based applications and Linux systems is preferable but not essential.
Salaries and Package:
- Basic Salary up to £20 K Per annum depends on experience
- 20 Days paid Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
- Access to Contributory Pension Scheme
- On the job training
- Product Training as needed
Any offer is conditional upon satisfactory medicals and provision of satisfactory references 6 month's probationary period
This is also good opportunity for someone who want to learn while working to improve their IT skills alongside other qualified IT professionals with 15+ years of experience with in the industry.
Calls from recruitment agencies will not be entertained.
IT Support Engineer / Support Analyst / Consultant / Support Assistant / MCITP / MCSE / IT Systems Administrator / IT Administrator / Systems Support Analyst / Windows Server / Exchange Server / Windows OS / Active Directory / Systems Administration /IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, IT Desk Support, 1st Line Support, IT Manager 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 1st Line Support Engineer, 1st Line Support, IT Trainer, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Software Engineer, Technical Support, IT Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, Helpdesk Support, Fault Desk, IT Trainer, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, IT Systems Support