Hard Services / Technical Services Manager
Hard Services / Technical Services Manager required in Northampton!
Hours: 40 per week
Salary: £35,000 to £38,000 dependent on qualification and knowledge.
Overview of the role:
Ensure the smooth running of the department whilst assisting other departments and the management team as deemed necessary. Maintaining a safe and pleasant environment for our customers through the monitoring of Health and Safety systems and the promotion of the best practice in all tasks.
· This is a tenant facing, fast paced role in a shopping centre that is undergoing extensive redevelopment works.
· Responsible for the operational excellence of the scheme and will include all technical aspects.
· Leading, managing and motivating a large team both in house and contracted staff to deliver outstanding levels of service.
· Ensuring building, equipment, machinery is optimised through the use of planned and reactive engineering and maintenance.
· Identify opportunities for service improvements and tenant issues plus managing relationships.
· Responsible for the management and control of the operational budget with a clear focus on reducing costs without compromising service standards.
· Reporting into and supporting the Centre Manager in the operational and commercial success of the shopping centre.
· Advise and assist tenant’s and tenant’s staff where applicable on matters that may affect individual units.
· Regularly liaising with Tenant Manager’s in order to address any operational issues raised and to brief new Tenant Manager’s on day to day management requirements.
· Supervise departmental service contracts, monitor KPI’s and maintain up to date records of all work carried out by external contractors.
· Contractor management, including permissions and permits to work.
· Ensuring all expenditure is monitored and controlled.
· Assist the Operations Manager to carry out all accident investigations.
· Ensuring procedures are implemented in respect of Fire Evacuations, Emergency and Business Continuity plans etc.
· Closely work with local authorities such as building control, planning department, fire and rescue service, police and ambulance to develop a good working relationship.
· Promote environmental awareness to staff, tenants and the general public.
· Monitor and inspect the car park, reporting to the Centre Manager.
· Attending all management meetings, conferences, training seminars and other meetings as requested by senior management.
· Identifying and implementing training and development programs for relevant departmental staff and pursuing suitable training solutions.
· Experience in the provision of maintenance services to a busy environment visited by members of the public.
· Extremely high standards and are confident in leading and managing at this level.
· Managing security, cleaning and maintenance staff.
· Setting up and administering detailed recorded systems.
· Knowledge of charge management and ability to manage complex budgets to precise timescales.
· Ability to work on own initiative and to meet tight deadlines.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Willingness to adopt a flexible approach to working patterns.
· Ability to write and review RAMS.
· Tenant liaison.
· Operational experience in the retail and leisure sector at a supervisory / managerial level.
· NEBOSH or IOSH Health and Safety Qualifications.
· First Aid Qualifications.
· Liaison with Police, Fire and Government Enforcement offices.
Qube Recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this role.
Follow us on Facebook for daily updates!!!