Children's Residential Support Worker
Are you an experienced residential support worker who is looking for a new opportunity ? Would you like to work within a Therapeutic residential home ? I may have the ideal role for you working in Telford.
You will be working for an organisation that have considerable expertise and knowledge of working with children and young people from a wide range of backgrounds and a variety of difficulties and attachment issues. The organisation is confident that they deliver the best possible outcomes for each child or young person in their care. A salary of £16,244 - £18,252 plus sleep in allowance of approximately £3000 is being offered, this is dependent on experience and qualification. Company benefits include
- Overtime rate
- Company Sick pay scheme
- In House Training
- Contributory Pension
You key duties and responsibilities will be
- Participating in planning and maintaining a living environment which is conducive to the well- being of the children and young people living in the home.
- The delivery of high quality care to children and young people cared for by the organisation
- Complying with company policies and procedures
- Attending and preparing review meetings and conferences, maintaining records accurately and within agreed time scales
- Taking part and contributing to outdoor activities and pursuits
- Undertaking "sleep-in " duties in accordance with the homes rota
For this role the ideal candidate must have
- NVQ3 in Caring for Children and Young People, Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce or equivalent
- Experience of supporting children and young people in a residential setting.
- The ability to work well as part of a team and is committed to providing care and support to young people.
- Experience of working with challenging behaviour and complex needs
- Knowledge and a clear understanding of the National Care Standards, Safeguarding and other relevant legislation
- A full UK driving licence
If you feel you are the right person for this role and are committed to making a difference to the lives of young people please forward you CV to me
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.