IT Procurement Manager / IT Purchasing Manager
A leading, Entertainment company are looking to hire an IT Procurement Manager / IT Purchasing Manager to be responsible for overseeing the Procurement / Purchasing of mainly IT Hardware, across the company, during a period of significant IT transformation and extensive IT Project work.
The IT Procurement Manager / IT Purchasing Manager, will be responsible for ensuring value for money is obtained across the companies external IT spend, with a majority focus on IT Hardware, whilst looking to deliver tangible, real cost savings to bottom line. The IT Procurement Manager / IT Purchasing Manager will be managing stakeholders across the entire IT team, and will be joining during the companies largest-ever IT transformation.
The IT Procurement Manager / IT Purchasing Manager's core role will be to provide strong category planning to support the IT function, whilst establishing and maintaining appropriate value, and service levels across a range of contracts. The IT Procurement Manager / IT Purchasing Manager, should be able to demonstrate experience of working with and understanding contracts, as whilst this role will work closely with Legal teams, there will be a large amount of autonomy expected, when it comes to contract management.
Key responsibilities for the IT Procurement Manager / IT Purchasing Manager, include:
- Prepare supplier spend analysis to identify spend and risk opportunities
- To ensure that procurement plans are established and maintained to assist in IT negotiations.
- Support the end users in developing specifications for the products and services for IT assigned categories being sourced whilst challenging requirements based on market knowledge.
- Undertake group spend analysis for IT categories to identify new procurement / purchasing opportunities.
- Conduct front end procurement activities, including:
- Market/supplier research
- Supplier evaluation
- Managing the RFP and analysis process
This is an excellent opportunity for a rounded IT Procurement / IT Purchasing professional, who has the ability to work autonomously, joining an organisation that is embarking on a huge IT Transformation programme.