Release Manager - ITIL - £60k - Perm - Bedfordshire
Release Manager – ITIL - £60k – Perm - Bedfordshire
This global Travel & Tourism company are looking for a Release Manager ensuring the releases, that are managed independently, are aligned to the release milestones, ensuring that any change maintain the release integrity with regard to date / milestone adherence and deliverable quality.
The Release Manager will gather demand for the release from various sources and agree the main content of release with product owners, testers, project managers and development teams. Where there are contentions, the Release Manager will escalate the issue appropriately to ensure it is resolved. The Release Manager will work with the Development teams and Test teams to ensure any “fix” plans align with your timelines and can be tested in the right environment. Throughout the release you will work with the Infrastructure teams to ensure you secure the right environments at the appropriate scale for your releases needs.
The Release Manager skills should include but are not limited to;
- A proven track record in project or programme delivery
- Technical acumen and experience of on prem, cloud and SaaS based services
- ITIL or similar IT Service Delivery processes
- Business and IT Service Change Management
- Proven experience of delivering release management in large and complex environments.
- Advanced knowledge of SDLC (including waterfall and agile)
- Knowledge of development scripts and automation tools used to build and deploy software
- Up-to-date with technology trends, including DevOps
- Ability to run a tight ship services organisation but also liaise seamlessly and flex where necessary to work the delivery organisation in order ensure smooth service introduction.
- Strong on process but able to make sensible adaptations where needed.
- Experience of ITIL based IT release methodology definition and adoption.
- Ability to gain, build and maintain stakeholder trust.
- Jira and/or Plutora experience (desirable)
- A successful candidate will have at least bachelor’s degree level education in Computing, Natural Science, Mathematics, other numerate subjects. A degree in business or finance would also be considered relevant.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82168964