Assistant Finance Officer
Vargo is recruiting for an Assistant Finance Officer on a fixed term contract of 12 months, with a chance of permanency within the transaction team of the finance department. The successful candidates will undertake a wide range of financial and clerical duties across the team. Inherent to these roles is a strong service delivery ethos and excellent customer service.
- Preparation and issuing of invoices
- Collection and recording of income
- Data processing
- Sales Ledger invoice creation/generation.
- Debt collection, including third party and legal validation.
- Cash Office duties, banking and receipt allocation
- Agree payment plans and direct debit schedules
- Record sponsor information for invoicing purposes.
- Logging, scanning and distribution of incoming paper and electronic invoices.
- Process purchase invoices, investigate and gain authorisation for price variations.
- Monitor and review unauthorised overdue invoices.
- Input of data to the Finance system
- Input, issuing and printing of purchase orders
- Process non staff expenses claims
- Complete course conference bookings and provide payment to external organisations.
- Assist in preparation of BACS and cheque payment runs.
- Resolve suspense account queries.
- Other data entry tasks as required.
- Filing and general admin duties
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to communicate with internal and external clients at all levels.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative.
- Ability to identify, work to and achieve predetermined deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Numerate and literate.
- Excellent customer focus
- Experience of working within a finance department,
- Experience of working in one or more of the following areas:
- Purchase Ledger and payment process.
- Sales Ledger/ invoicing
- Credit control/ debt management.
- Cash management
- Use of Quercus Plus and Admit systems
- Awareness of Data Protection and Freedom of Information implications in data management
- Experience of debt litigation process
- AAT qualified or equivalent, or working towards a Financial or Business related FE, HE or professional qualification
- Ability to communicate fluently (orally and in writing) in the Welsh language