Business Development Executive
This is a key opportunity for a successful Business Development salesperson to join a growing organisation. The position is within the existing sales team and reports directly to the Sales Director. This is an important role as you will be encouraged to build a business within a business and will therefore be required to:
- Prospect for new business within the Private and Corporate market sectors - in the early stages of the role this will take up most of your time
- Use existing clients to leverage opportunities approximately 20% of your overall sales time.
- Work closely with the business research team to create marketing plans and campaigns to generate new business leads
- Create a realistic sales strategy with the Sales Director. You will be responsible for delivering the agreed plan.
- You will be targeted on an 80% new and 20% existing business ratio.
Our client currently gain their business from the public sector and are market leaders with their webcast and streaming products. Their plan is to gain new business from the Private and Corporate market sectors and the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate experience in achieving this.
You will ideally be based in London or the Home Counties and there is a competitive salary on offer - negotiable - plus car allowance and benefits.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person and a genuine chance to develop and improve your business acumen and continue your career development moving potentially into management.
Like many technology companies our client have a sales and operations department enabling them to offer a complete turnkey solution.
Uniquely they have their own software development team who continue to develop and support their successful Webcasting platform, together with their own in-house Crestron programmer and the development team they can provide a level of integration often difficult for others to achieve.
They also offer training and career development, contributory company pensions scheme, 20 to 25 days holiday along with additional Christmas closure, child care vouchers, death in service benefits, access to critical illness cover, summer outings and Friday drinks.
Your skills and experience
The role requires a range of skills, some of which are set out below: -
- A Can do attitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good business acumen
- Knowledge and experience of AV products and services
- The ability to sell solutions as well as products
- When selling, an eye for looking at the "bigger picture"
- An understanding of good business planning
- Good time management and task prioritisation skills - focus
- A good understanding of Audio Visual and associated technologies
You will also have strong presentation and business tactic skills. You must be able to work alone at times, think strategically and holistically about your selling and also the company. Good ethics and integrity are requirements of all employees and our client is looking for a candidate that will fit with their business ethos and culture.
UK travel is required within this role and you should have a full, clean driving licence and the ability to plan your journeys in accordance with safe driving practice and the needs of the business. The work will be a mixture of on the road and desk based.
Working from home to save unnecessary travel is encouraged but you will be expected to spend a large amount of your time on the road meeting potential clients.
Our client have a range of services including webcasts, video streaming and other communication solutions predominantly across the Public Sector and are actively developing new business in the corporate marketplace.
AV Jobs are the UK's No. 1 specialist Audio Visual recruiters working with clients and candidates to ensure a perfect job fit every time.