32K to 35K + 10% Bonus
Market Research/Business Intelligence
Working alongside our commercially successful team of analysts and with our Product Development Manager, the role will work in a technical capacity to help improve the quality and of all outputs with focuses on improving the efficiency of our production processes, as well as deepening the sophistication of our reporting products.
As well as supporting the team’s day-to-day data needs, you will also get the opportunity to apply your own creative thinking to the work of the unit to improve what we’re doing and to spearhead new initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the heart of a diverse international team with real opportunity to influence and be a thought leader on the activities that will see us through our next stage of growth.
Who are you?
You will have extensive knowledge and experience of key database, data management, reporting, survey and statistical software such as Microsoft Excel/VBA, SQL and an understanding of data visualisation tools such as Tableau.
Your track record of using such tools will be strong - potentially in combination with programmatical tools (such as R, Python or C#) to mine and interpret large datasets, to automate and streamline processes and to support professional reporting outputs. You will be an innovative and relentless problem-solver and someone who demonstrates a degree of proactivity rather than sitting there waiting to be asked to do things.
- Processing and modelling data to feed into analytical products
- Supporting procedural and product delivery needs of a growing team of analysts and product managers
- Identifying and exploiting opportunities for process improvement in existing product delivery
- Working closely with the rest of the team to improve the quality, validity and rigour of all outputs
- Working with product managers and the Product Development Manager on implementation of enhancements to existing products
- Working with the Unit Head, Head of Operations and Product Development Manager on feasibility and process implementation for new products
- Supporting the development and deploying of a range of data-rich reporting templates
- A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or an equivalent numerate discipline from a leading university
- Strong experience working with SQL databases
- Skilled with VBA
- Understanding of ETL processes
- Great problem solving skills
- Ability to understand bigger picture context and meaningfully contribute to discussions with non-technical audiences around technology and analytics concepts
- Some experience of working with R, Python, C# or similar
- Ability to lead your work with a degree of independence
- A background or understanding of statistics particularly pertaining to sampling, confidence and standardization would be desirable
- Good time management and prioritisation skills
- Experience in building better processes, sometimes from the ground up.
Offering a 'Blue-Chip' company benefits package including Pension