This is an exciting opportunity to join a Small but rapidly growing company that are enjoying 20% growth year on year. The role will be a stand alone role as there is no existing procurement function so will require the successful candidate to be able to think on their feet! Being solely responsible for all the company's purchasing interaction with all other business functions will be an integral part of your role.
You will be required to implement and develop strategies to ensure the continuous supply of all parts/kit/product to meet the supply chain objectives, which include challenging cost and lead time reduction. You will be flexible to work with any of the commodities (direct and indirect procurement i.e. physical kit and or labour)
Key responsibilities will include:
* Supporting the MD to define the strategy for parts and vendors ensuring best quality and lowest cost
* Negotiate and implement contractual and commercial arrangements with selected vendors.
* Identifying opportunities to improve all aspects of supplier performance and to drive cost out of the supply chain, including working closely with the
* Participating in continuous improvement activities.
* Support market research including low cost opportunities, benchmarking of the supply chain and new technology.
* Identify opportunities that focus on cost reductions, improvement of efficiency and risk mitigation.
* Establish effective relationships with suppliers.
* Maintaining standard costs, lead times and supplier price agreements with regular suppliers
* Vocalise and educate all other business units on the procurement function, best practice, and ongoing process improvement initiatives
You will likely be studying for your CIPS qualification or equivalent and have excellent communication skills. This is a fast paced environment so initiative, accuracy and the ability to juggle multiple projects are all key requirements.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.