Assistant Under Floor Heating Installer
Trainee to join a team installing underfloor heating systems at various sites around the UK. The successful candidate will be keen to learn and happy to work long hours from early starts to late finishes along with some nights away.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
• Install the system in line with the manufacturer’s instructions.
• Install the system as per Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
o Install/Assist with floor warming mats.
o Install/Assist with electric underfloor heating cables.
o Install/Assist with wet underfloor heating pipes.
o Assist with room thermostats and time clocks.
o Install/Assist with manifolds.
o Assist with tile backer boards.
o Install/Assist with insulation, DPM and Membranes (Prep).
o Assist with adhesives and smoothing compounds.
• Transfer materials to site using the appropriate methods avoiding where possible direct manual handling.
• Ensure the job is signed off by the site manager before leaving site.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with contractors, delivery drivers and site managers using principles of good customer service.
• Recommend improvements and modifications.
• Liaise with the technical team as required.
• Remain alert to sales opportunities and feed information back to the sales teams as necessary.
2. Test / Repair and Commission
• Carry out as per Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
• Test electrical cables are working using a multi meter, before commencing the installation.
• Pressure test wet systems.
• Repair exposed Electric underfloor heating cables.
• Repair Wet underfloor heating pipes.
• Assist with commissioning electric underfloor heating systems.
• Assist with commissioning wet underfloor heating systems.
• Liaise with end users in a positive, professional manner using principles of good customer service.
3. Health & Safety
• Utilise skills and knowledge to recognise and assess potential risks on each site.
• Adhere to individual site health & safety rules.
• Put corrective measures in place, where this is not possible relay the concern or issue to manager.
• Report any incidents including near misses within as short a time scale as possible.
• Carry out initial investigations of any accidents and incidents including where possible the taking of photographs.
• Review any findings with Site Managers / Installations Manager / Contracts Manager.
• Help to ensure all working environments are safe and secure through regular walk rounds and checks on the works being carried out..
• Uphold the companies commitment to health & safety and ensure compliance.
• Complete and Submit Tool Box Talks and Risk Assessments on a monthly basis or as requested.
• Adhere to the Company Vehicle Policy.
• Ensure the vehicle is stocked with the necessary materials for each site visited.
• Conduct monthly vehicle checks and submit a completed checklist each month.
• Submit internal and external photographs on a monthly basis or as requested.
• Liaise with work colleagues as required and pass any concerns to manager.
• Stay away from home when required.
• Participate in internal / external meetings as requested.
• Identify and meet personal job-related training and development as required.
• Undertake telephone liaison with relevant contacts.
• Provide assistance in terms of general and specific business support as required.
• Provide Weekly Time Sheets.
• Submit Expenses on a monthly basis or as requested.