Mechatronic Technician Urgently Required for the Swansea Area!!
Mechatronic Technician Urgently Required for the Swansea Area!!Permanent Position, Immediate start!!
Salary: £22,000+ Depending on Experience
We currently have an excellent opportunity to become part of our clients Research and Development Team with a key role in assembling and testing new product designs to ascertain the integrity of large in-field structures in the oil and gas industry. This role will have high levels of hands-on time to assist the mechanical and electronic engineers to assemble prototype robotic crawler systems and deliver concise feedback to meet the minimum design requirements and their assembly. The role will also require the technician to ascertain the limitations of such systems in suitable test environments. We are seeking to recruit a mechatronic technician to assemble and assist in the testing of existing and new products. Product training will be provided and knowledge necessary to assemble them.
Role & responsibilities:
- Coordinate with mechanical engineers to perform feasibility studies and prototype assembly.
- Hands-on role to create and assemble mechanical prototypes.
- Electronic and PCB component assembly.
- Identify weaknesses in products during development from assembly to product testing and provide feedback to mechanical and software engineers on bugs or issues found.
- Coordinate tasks with the project manager to achieve timely delivery.
- Ability to create test jigs and assist with development of manufacturing jigs to assist with product assembly or manufacture.
- Help develop appropriate and execute product test strategies on prototypes and products by understanding the in-field conditions and application of the clients products and put one's self into the position of the end-customer.
Qualifications & Experience:
- N.V.Q. level 2 or higher related qualification in an engineering related discipline.
- Proven experience in delivering or coordinating prototype builds and 1st-run production systems within a high-tech engineering/manufacturing company.
- Experience mechanical fault-finding down to the component level.
- Understanding of precision mechanisms.
- Ability to accurately read mechanical drawings and electronic drawings and schematics.
- Ability to assemble PCBs component assembly, including surface mount component soldering.
- Ability to understand embedded programming and program microcontrollers would be an advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A highly professional approach and manner.
- Hands on, flexible and able to multi task.
- Positive proactive 'can do' attitude.
- Be organised and methodical.
- Be able to present information in a clear and concise manner, oral and in writing.
- Willingness to learn, is enthusiastic, highly motivated and able to take initiative.
- Workshop skills to include turning and milling would be an advantage.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a friendly and highly motivational team in an excellent working environment. Please submit your CV for immediate response.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.