Head of FP&A
I am currently working with a private equity backed media business who are looking to recruit a Head of FP&A on a permanent basis. At present this is a standalone role, however, the company are looking to grow via acquisition and as a result you will need to recruit and develop a team over time.
The successful candidate will be a strong communicator, able to demonstrate credibility and gravitas at Board level when contributing to company strategy. You will have previous experience of building an FP&A function and will be experienced at presenting key financial information and performance analytics to Senior Management. Ideally you will have experience of working within the media industry and will have previously worked in a Private Equity backed business or be used to a fast paced growth environment.
- Professionally qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- M&A or IPO experience
- Experience preparing and presenting investment cases
- Excellent budgeting and forescasting skills.
Key duties & responsibilities
- Handling all Budgeting, Business Plans and Accounting for programme costs, inventories, productions and licences.
- Forecasting currency outflows, order forward contracts and handling the hedge accounting associated with content acquisition.
- Provide programming input for cash and working capital, for budgeting and follow-up.
- Quarterly Board Reporting for Programme Inventory and reporting the impact of foreign exchange.
- Regular reporting of subscribers and transactions to studios.
- Responsible for the calculation of license fees and reporting of transactional video on demand sales.
- Assist internal and external auditors with programming related audit work.
- Experience working with currencies (USD / Candian Dollars / Pounds)
- Revenue Recognition
- Accounting currently done on cash-basis
- Revamp accounting policies and procedures
- Handle transaction accounting
- Valuation on Intellectual Property
- Swapped out debt for equity