Service Desk Analyst
Job Title: Infrastructure Analyst- Day Shift
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £21,500 - £26,000
Position: Shift Work - 4 shifts on, 4 shifts off working 06:00 - 18:00
The company is an innovative, dynamic technology company serving an impressive array of industry leading customers. Privately owned and established in 2002, the company has grown in reputation and influence in the Managed Service Provider space.
The company is striving to new standards in the IT world and they believe this can only be accomplished with the right people. The company value their employees by supporting career development and progression. Together the company set the standard others follow.
As a core member of the 24/7 infrastructure technical team, you are the first point of contact for Customers 24 hours a day, you ensure that the service we provide functions. This role is a through the night position for support to our customers in different time zones and it will also include being part of a great team and being a key member of that team. On the service desk you will aim to resolve support calls at the first point of contact from the Customer. In all cases you will see incidents you log through to resolution even when escalating calls to more senior technicians. This approach increases your exposure to different technologies used in the desktop environment and in turn increases your ability to progress your technical knowledge in this area.
As an Infrastructure Analyst at the company you will be passionate about Customers and will work within the Business Excellence Framework. This includes resolving support calls within Service Level Agreements with the ultimate target of receiving consistently good Customer feedback through Nice Reply and on our Customer Satisfaction Survey.
- To provide Service Desk support to clients via telephone and email
- Logging and updating all key information regarding the support call on the Company’s Incident Management Application
- Resolving the support call in a quick and efficient manner, paying particular attention to Company SLA’s
- To escalate calls where necessary to Second Line
- To keep up to date with appropriate technologies as used by the Company and its Clients from time to time
- To familiarize yourself with all key Company systems
- To show a genuine desire to continually improve your technical knowledge and ability through self-study and in conjunction with the Company’s offer of training
- To be involved in maintenance work
- To monitor alerts and action when required
- To monitor and asses inbound tickets logged via email
Person / Technical Specification:
- Windows 7/8/10
- MS Office - all versions
- Backup Software & Online Backup Solutions
- Monitoring Software for example PRTG
- Switch and Firewall troubleshooting (Basic - Intermediate skills)
- Hyper V & VMWare (Basic - Intermediate skills)
- CRM, SharePoint & DNS (Basic)
- Active Directory skills (Basic account management)
- Exchange 2007/2010 (Basic - Intermediate skills)
- Windows Server2003/2008/2012 (Basic - Intermediate skills)
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to diagnose and trouble shoot IT issues
- Confident when dealing with client requests
- Clear and effective communicator
- Projects a positive, friendly and professional image in person and on the phone
- Demonstrates a passion for customer service
- Desire to study for technical qualifications
- Reliable and flexible
- Good team player
- Minimum of 12 months solid experience of working on an IT service desk in a similar role
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: IT Infrastructure Manager, IT Technician, IT Support Manager, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, 2nd Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 2nd Line Support Engineer, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, Technical Support, IT Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Support, Technical Infrastructure Support, IT Infrastructure Coordinator, IT Support Coordinator, IT Helpdesk, IT Support Coordinator will also be considered for this role.