Engineering Production Technician
My client is seeking to recruit an experience Production Technician to join their existing team working on the build and test of assemblies, systems and analytical instruments.
This role is working within a highly sophisticated technical environment as part of a small team.
Reporting to the Assembly Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the day-to-day requirements of production are met. This is to be achieved whilst maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction in terms of product quality and on time delivery.
- Sub assembly of mechanical and electrical components using hand tools
- Ensuring products are built and tested in line with current procedures and drawings.
- Ensuring products are built and tested in a timely manner, to meet customer demand.
- Perform final assembly and test on a range of mechanical, electro-mechanical and electrical / electronic assemblies
- Completing product records and ensuring they conform to the required specification
- Ensure the highest level of quality is achieved at all times
- Communicating professionally and effectively
- Working within MKS guidelines and policies to provide a consistent and professional approach
- Perform ad hoc tasks in relation to job role as considered appropriate
You must have:
- A recognised apprenticeship in a mechanical engineering discipline or ONC / HNC in mechanical or electronic / electrical engineering
- The ability to read engineering drawings / schematics
- Experience of electro-mechanical assembly or soldering and wiring
- Computer literate - An understanding of computer hardware and software including Microsoft Office - Word and Excel
- Previous Mass Spectrometry assembly experience is also advantageous, although not essential as training will be given
- Excellent interpersonal skills