Fixed Assets Accountant
Fixed Assets Accountant
Blackburn, BB1 2EE
Full-Time / Permanent
£27,000 - £32,000
Our client is the pre-eminent independent forecourt retailer in Europe with over 3,800 fuel sites across the UK, France, Italy, Benelux and USA. The Group provides fuel, convenience retail and food to go to consumers through partnerships with several well-known global brands.
The Group is both highly acquisitive and undertakes significant CAPEX as it continues to develop the estate. Following continued rapid growth, the Group has an exciting opportunity for a Group Fixed Assets Accountant to support the Group Fixed Asset Manager within the expanding Group Finance team based in Blackburn, UK.
The Fixed Assets Accountant role:
This role involves shared responsibility for the accounting and reporting of fixed assets, working with multiple stakeholders across the business and supporting the Group Fixed Assets Manager in producing capex analysis for the Board and the Group Commercial Team. Duties include:
- Involvement in all aspects of fixed asset accounting (record to report) across multiple regions and over €1bn of fixed assets.
- Working with the Group Fixed Assets Assistant to ensure assets are created correctly in SAP and invoices booked accurately
- Ensuring integrity of underlying fixed asset records and registers.
- Close liaison with the business on key capex activities/projects.
- Supporting the Group Fixed Asset Manager with developing and maintaining standardised processes and controls across the Group.
- Supporting the monitoring of CAPEX spend across the group (e.g. actual CAPEX spend vs budget, etc)
- Involvement in the development of regular reporting to senior management to support effective decision making through quality analysis, insight and advice.
- This role will also be heavily involved in on boarding their German acquisition into the group and the ongoing management of fixed assets
This is an exciting time to join the company as the business have just begun construction on their brand new offices!
The Ideal Fixed Assets Accountant:
As the Fixed Assets Accountant, you will be a qualified or part qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA), with a background of working within a finance team or within practice. You will also have strong attention to detail and proven experience within a similar role. You will be a confident user of Excel, with excellent time management and multi-tasking skills. The ability to communicate and work with senior management and accounts payable colleagues is essential.
APPLY NOW and start your journey as our client’s Fixed Assets Accountant!
Successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82020812