Audio Visual Technician
Audio Visual Technician
Salary - Dependant on experience
40 hours per week between 7am-7pm, Monday - Friday
The AV Technician’s prime function is to provide AV technical support and telephone support across all meeting rooms on the our clients London Campus.
The position involves a high degree of exposure, working sometimes with executive management and managing directors to provide the services listed above.
All services should be delivered punctually at scheduled times and in accordance with agreed SLA’s. The AV Technician is expected to arrive in good time for the start of the scheduled meeting setup-up time and remain until the required service is functioning correctly.
The Audio Visual Technician’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Video / Audio Conferencing
- Video / audio conference setup and support. Best efforts should be made to ensure all sites are connected on time and receiving / transmitting good audio / video.
- Site certification of all new and relocated video conference systems.
- Assist with support for video / audio conferencing problems. Investigate faults and recommend further actions to rectify.
General AV Meeting Room Support
- AV equipment setup and support.
- Presentation / multi-media meeting room support, including duration support.
- Quick response to emergency / ad-hoc requests from the AV Helpdesk.
Faults and Room Checks
- Carry out regular preventative room checks, ensuring all equipment functions correctly in accordance with the room check procedure.
- Ensure that all faults are reported in the correct way and in a timely manner.
- Proactive maintenance / reporting to ensure all AV equipment is always of the highest standard and functioning correctly.
- Carry out first line fault repairs.
- Carry out all power down / up when required, usually involving out-of-hours overtime commitments.
- Advise clients on best practice, either via email, phone call or face to face interaction
- Provide regular feedback on communication issues and service improvements.
- Providing monthly statistics of workload using AVMI or client provided software applications.
- Manual data entry / completing daily schedule using various client applications.
- Liaising with members of staff in other departments or external contacts as appropriate.
- Assist with the creation of on-site documentation.
- Attend regular meetings with global AV teams to discuss service and operations issues.
- Manual handling tasks will be required when necessary for moving equipment