Early Years Teaching Assistant
Salary:£65 per day
Contract term: Ongoing
Job starts: As soon as possible
A Primary School in Northumberland is looking for a Teaching Assistant to work in their Early Years class for them on an ongoing full time basis.
You will be working one-to-one with a child who has learning difficulties. This is a great opportunity for a candidate who is passionate about working with children who have Special Educational Needs. The desired candidate will hold a level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning, Childcare & Education/Childhood Studies or equivalent.
Key responsibilities and requirements for this role will include:
- To be fully up-to-date with the National Curriculum
- To follow all setting policies and procedures including the Health and Safety policy, Safeguarding policy and Confidentiality policy.
- To provide a consistently safe, supportive and caring learning environment.
- To support children with particular needs, working with them individually or in small groups.
- To ensure clean and hygienic standards are maintained.
- To have knowledge of Read Write Inc. would be desirable.
An enhanced DBS check will be needed for the successful candidate as well as two satisfactory references which will be sought upon application for this post.