Legal and Company Secretarial Assistant - Financial Services
A leading Asset Manager based in the City are looking for an experienced Legal and Company Secretarial Assistant to join their team. This is an immediate need, so they are looking for both interim and permanent candidates.
Prior experience of commercial contracts and company secretarial duties within an FCA regulated environment is essential to be considered for this role. This is a permanent Assistant position within a sizeable busy team so they are not looking for someone who wants to qualify as a solicitor.
Reporting to the General Counsel you will provide administrative and secretarial support for London-based lawyers in the Europe & Asia Pacific Legal team.
- Document execution and management
- Prepare contractual agreements for execution, arranging execution by a director/ authorised signatory, and sending out for execution by the counterparty.
- Internal dissemination: scan, categorise and (1) email relevant departments once signed agreements/authorised signatory lists are received and (2) post the document to the Legal site on the intranet.
- Archiving of documents.
- Organise and maintain Legal files on the Legal Drives and hard copies in the Central Filing Room
- External law firm administration including processing of external law firm invoices.
- Responding to requests from Group Legal and MassMutual for information including Quarterly Requests for Information relating to Disputes, Subsidiaries, Due Diligence Requests and Insurance.
- Trademark registrations, maintaining records of certificates and review notifications of oppositions and potential third party infringements.
- Maintenance of UK subsidiary company books; update Company Secretary files to enable efficient storage and retrieval of company history and information.
- Completing tasks relating to changes in directorships and entities including Companies House filings, internal filings and notifications
- Co-ordinate an annual review of the Terms of Reference of the various UK subsidiary companies and committees.
- Support for organisation of UK and European subsidiary and fund boards: arranging meetings and collating papers and reports.
- Responsible for the assistance with GDPR matters and filings, and the renewal of registrations.
- Ensure Data Protection files are kept accurate and up to date.
- Collation of Legal team management information.
- Maintain Legal, Intranet site.
- Deal with basic queries from other departments such as document location, due diligence and KYC requests, notarisation requests.
- Assist with Excel/PowerPoint presentations.
- Draft routine letters and correspondence.
- Coordinate renewal of practising certificates of Legal team.
- Maintain corporate databases, legal organisational charts and fund/corporate director lists.
- Manage audit information requests.
- Organise internal and external meetings, maintain diaries within the Legal team, and organise related paperwork.
- Organise overseas travel to including booking flights and accommodation, arranging transfers to and from the airport, liaising with other secretaries to organise meetings, preparing travel itinerary and ordering foreign currency.
- Responsible for stationery supplies for the department.
- Assisting the team head in preparing, printing and sending Board/Management Committee/Risk reports from the Legal Department.
- Assisting with reviews of minutes and agendas for UK subsidiary Boards.
Please quote (43292) when calling Alexander Lloyd. This is only one of many vacancies we are handling. Alexander Lloyd is a specialist within Financial Services recruitment. Areas of expertise include Compliance Directors, CF10/11, Risk Frameworks, Monitoring, Advisory, Policy, T&C, Quality Assurance/ File Review, AML/KYC etc across the entire financial services sector including investments, banking and insurance. We predominately focus on London, Surrey, Sussex and Kent, although we have also been highly successfully in offering national solutions. Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website www.alexanderlloyd.co.uk for any other roles which may be of interest.