Legal Secretary - French/ English Speaker
The recruitment department of the French Chamber of Great Britain is acting as an agency for its 600 member companies, one of which is currently recruiting bilingual French/ English Legal Secretary.
The company is one of the leading law firms in the world, originated in France. The Firm has large amount of lawyers and legal consultants from over 35 different nationalities. Operating out of 13 offices in different countries world-wide, they provide quality legal services in the most complex areas of national and international finance and business law.
It’s a full time permanent role based in Central London.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Document production, e.g. inputting original documents, re-formatting documents not in the house style, creating slides and diagrams in PowerPoint and general amendments as required.
- Running document comparisons using Workshare.
- E-mailing correspondence and documents as directed.
- Diary management.
- Inputting time entry using Webview.
- Answering and routing incoming telephone calls when necessary.
- Printing, photocopying, scanning, faxing and binding documents as required.
- Processing travel and late working expenses.
- Maintaining sufficient paper in photocopiers and printers close to your workstation and ensuring the area is kept clean and tidy.
- Booking domestic and international couriers as and when required.
- Administrative tasks such as restaurant and taxi bookings and making travel arrangements as required.
- Archiving and cataloguing documents as required.
- Filing documents using electronic file management.
- Organizing magazines.
- Providing lunch cover for Reception (on a rota basis) and when required during other busy periods.
- Booking travel, whether through travel agent or independently.
- Liaising with International Desk for authorization of all business development related travel.
- Booking hotel accommodation for business travel, and airport transfers where appropriate.
- Ascertaining whether visas or inoculations required for travel (with assistance of travel agent or other agents as appropriate).
- Obtaining visas, including visiting embassy as and when required.
- Franking post for the office on a daily basis.
- Delivering daily incoming post.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel - Advanced level preferably.
- Interwoven document management systems and document comparison software (Workshare) - Intermediate/Advanced level preferred or similar document management systems experience.
- Phone system - Polycom Lync Phone System - Training will be provided.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- At least 5 years of relevant experience ( preferably gained in a law firm )
- Flexible attitude, adaptable and willingness to help and support other members of the team
- Takes pride in the quality of their work with excellent attention to detail
- Able to prioritise workloads and employ effective time management
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and ability to cope under pressure
- Reliable, excellent time-keeping
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bilingual French/ English
Hours of work
35 hour week normally working between the hours of 9.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, but flexibility will be required from time to time to meet the requirements of the Firm and its clients.