Electrical / Mechanical Technician
Are you an experienced mechanical or electrical technician? Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, our client are recruiting in Buxton and this could be the ideal role for you.
Joining the team as an Electrical / Mechanical Technician you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
What will I be responsible for?
The role of Electrical / Mechanical Technician is an integral and critical part in the operation at Tunstead’s Packing Plant facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for executing planned maintenance, fault finding, improving the existing equipment and working closely with the Packing Plant Maintenance Engineer. You will also be responsible for:
- Conducting maintenance schedules, responding to plant repairs as required to maintain packer performance & to make sure maintenance KPIs are achieved
- Ensuring robust collation of technical data is maintained and available.
- Liaising with other teams at Tunstead to ensure effectiveness of work carried on all tasks.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant statutory legislation and the internal company Safety, Health and Environmental standards.
Who are our client looking for?
As the ideal Electrical / Mechanic Technician, you will be a multi-skilled engineer. To be considered for this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven technical experience in cement or other related continuous process heavy industry.
- Preferable knowledge of the packaging systems and cement manufacturing process or other related continuous process heavy industry.
- Technical knowledge of preventive, predictive and systematic maintenance.
- Organise and carry out preventative maintenance, fault finding, repairs and modifications to plant to include shutdown work and planning.
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis.
Depending on trade bias of the successful candidate, training will be provided towards the other trade (eg. mechanical bias to receive electrical training and electrical bias to receive mechanical training).
Our client’s employees have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. They are very proud of their history and what makes it the company it is today. Our client also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of their industry They offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Our client are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join their team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Electrical / Mechanical Technician, our client want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!