EU Privacy and Cybersecurity Knowledge Paralegal- 12 month FTC
Our client is a major global Law Firm based in London.
The firm is currently recruiting for a paralegal on a 12 month FTC.
The role will be based in the EU Privacy and Cybersecurity team and you will work as a knowledge paralegal.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Alerting the team to legislative, regulatory and judicial developments (e.g. new guidelines issued by the EU data protection authorities or relevant cases pending in the Court of Justice of the EU).
- Preparing brief client alerts and blog posts covering the types of developments mentioned above.
- Assistance with template drafting based on existing advice already given to clients but taking into account the developments in relation to the GDPR and the EU e-Privacy framework (e.g. drafting generic GDPR-compliant privacy notices, vendor agreements, and the myriad of policies covered by the Accountability principle).
- Helping to draft regular periodic current awareness updates on legal, regulatory and market developments.
- Monitoring, collating and drafting forward-looking items for delivery to clients as part of "Horizon Scanning" initiatives that identify future legal risks and regulatory developments.
- Collaborating with colleagues in other teams to coordinate their input into the above initiatives.
- Liaising directly with client contacts on the above initiatives, if required.
- Assisting with the group’s efforts to find innovative ways of using its knowledge to add value to key client relationships.
- Providing support for various outward facing initiatives of the firm or group.
- Participating in global, central knowledge projects and initiatives as and when required.
- Helping to develop and promote the firm’s knowledge systems and processes within the group.
- Other duties as assigned.