Case Handler Adminstrator LAW Contract
JOB TITLE: Case Handler - Administrator
JOB TYPE: 6 - 9 Month CONTRACT
COMPANY TYPE: Independent statutory body established by Parliament to regulate the chiropractic profession in the United Kingdom
HOURS: 9:00am - 17:00pm
SALARY: Up to £22,000
LOCATION: King's Cross, London
START DATE: ASAP
CULTURE: Professional, passionate, friendly
Our client is an amazing independent statutory body established by Parliament to regulate the chiropractic profession, based in the heart of London! They regulate all chiropractors in the UK to ensure the safety of patients undergoing chiropractic treatment. They are an independent statutory body established by Parliament to regulate the chiropractic profession. They protect the health and safety of the public by ensuring high standards of practice in the chiropractic profession.
They are looking for an Administration Officer to join their expanding team on a 6-9 month contract.
- To provide administrative and clerical support to enable the Head of Investigation to manage the Council's Advertising cases.
- To also provide administrative and clerical support to the Paralegals in the FTP Team to manage the Council's Fitness to Practise (FTP) cases.
- To provide administrative and clerical support for the team, as requested.
- To communicate effectively with the public, chiropractors, suppliers and others who contact the company for advice and information.
- Answering Telephone enquiries regarding Advertising cases / General Enquiries.
- Open Hardcopy / Electronic files for Advertising cases.
- Keep Checklists / Spread sheets for Advertising cases updated.
- Ensure hardcopy / electronic filings systems are updated.
- Draft letters to be reviewed by Paralegal / Head of Investigations.
- Prepare and Print IC bundles.
- Send IC bundles to Committee.
- Prepare and set up the meeting room before IC Meetings.
- Greet the IC attending to their requirements.
- Provide continuous support to IC Members and Legal Advisers over the course of the meeting.
- Ensure the maintenance of post-IC meeting records, including filing and archiving, and keeping management information system up to date.
- Any other tasks which may be requested.
- Administrative experience.
- Knowledge of law and/ casework is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to liaise with a wide range of contacts internally and externally at different levels, anticipate and meet their needs, and put nervous people at ease; and (occasionally) to deal politely but firmly with difficult people.
- Ability to work creatively and solve problems within a clearly defined procedural framework.
- Ability to use initiative in situations where unexpected difficulties occur.
- Good written communication skills.
- Good IT skills, including word-processing, and video conferencing software.
- Ability to work sensitively with confidential information.
- Ability to plan and prioritise own work, including monitoring key tasks and meeting strict deadlines, and adapting to unexpected developments.
- Initiative and a willingness to contribute wherever possible to team activities and development.
- A proactive and reliable approach to work.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Integrity, patience, resilience and professionalism in often pressured and sensitive situations, and where dynamics are constantly changing and unpredictable.
- Flexibility over hours of work on a day-by-day basis.
- Ability to travel within London.
- A commitment to equality and diversity.
Please also email directly if you are interested in this position.
NB: If this company and position appeals to you then please apply your CV on-line. Advertised by Office Angels, Holborn branch. Please note that due to a high volume of response Office Angels receive; only successful candidates will be contacted. For the purposes of the Regulations, please note that Office Angels in the provision of these services will be operating as a recruitment agency. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: