Business Intelligence Developer
Cathedral Appointments are seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Developer for our Newton-Abbot based client. The purpose of this role is to deliver exceptional BI database and ETL solutions utilising Microsoft SQL Server. You will be solely responsible for leading the deliver of BI solutions and driving insight under the guidance and structure of the Data Solutions Architect. You will ensure Data Warehouse and ETL design is scalable, resilient and fault tolerant.
- Design data cube/datasets and KPI’s for business insights, analytics and reports
- Building SSIS ETL solutions for disparate data sources, but primarily from SQL Server
- Work with multiple teams and stakeholders to capture and analyse business requirements.
- Working closely with the reporting team to develop real-time business intelligent dashboard reports and KPI’s, including mobile dashboards.
- Expert in implementing BI database and ETL solutions
- Expert in the use of Microsoft SQL Server (preferably 2014 / 2016)
- Advanced Microsoft SSIS, SSRS and SSAS development
- Advanced TSQL skills including query performance optimization
- Strong MDX and DAX would be desirable
- Excellent knowledge of data warehouse design concepts and practices
- Exceptional analytical skills, problem solving skills and excellent communications skills
- An ability to build strong relationships with end users to ensure that the BI solutions meet the business need and provide genuine value
- Understanding of BI reporting / analytics tools
- Programming/scripting experience in .Net, VB, C# would be highly advantageous!
- Awareness of developments in the market in relation to BI
- Any experience with SSRS mobile reports would be highly beneficial.
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven, results-driven Business Intelligence Developer to thrive in a fast-moving environment. Our client uses cutting edge technology and the successful candidate will be working closely with a range of highly skilled technical individuals, so the ability to communicate with various stakeholders is essential. If you have the skills and experience required, we would love to hear from you.
BI, Business Intelligence, Report, Reports, SQL, Report Developer, SOP, .NET, Excel, SSRS, SSIS, Power BI, Microsoft, C#, MVC