Salary: Commensurate with experience. Guide range £20-27k (though our client is always open to applications from good people outside of this band)
About the role
- Do you thrive under pressure?
- Are you a natural people person?
- Do you know the difference between 'your' and 'you're'?
Our client is an established and ambitious digital agency based on the banks of the River Tyne. Proud of their collaborative ethos, inquisitive spirit and technology-agnostic approach. They endeavour to apply robust thinking to every project and use the right tool at the right time. Starting each new challenge with a blank sheet of paper, they work hard to create a genuine full service offering that works for their clients. Their 22-strong team is a talented and close-knit amalgam of all of the major agency roles: design, development, marketing, account handling and business development. Just at the minute, they're in need of some additional account management chops.
As an Account Manager, your primary role will be to act as a strategic partner for designated B2B and B2C clients, building strong relationships based on trust and respect. The voice of the client in the office, you seek to understand both their expectations and position within their competitive landscape, all the time looking for ways they can add value and deliver results.
Using an Agile methodology based on Scrum, you will work alongside a Digital Marketing team (typically Digital Marketing Executive and Assistant), Designer and Website Developers to clarify business and marketing objectives, deliver clear results and demonstrate a return for their clients' investments.
This is a dynamic and challenging role requiring someone with a rare blend of skills, talents and attributes; unparallelled communication skills, cheerfulness, tact, patience, empathy,rigour, attention to detail, more patience and the ability to shield, encourage and chivvy a team,all at the same time. It is a vital role in the ongoing growth and success of our client's agency.
- Maximise client retention
- Maximise client spend where doing so adds value to the client
- Effectively estimation of new work and tracking accuracy of estimates against delivery
- Happy and informed clients who are kept updated of progress of work, remaining/used budget levels and the outcomes of the work with particular attention to Return On Investment (ROI)
- Educated clients who enjoy an appreciation of the shifting shape of the marketing landscape
- Robust and effective audit trail of client agreements, change requests, approval and amend
- A fair deal for their clients
- The strategic growth of our client
- Effective forecasting of new work from existing client pipeline
- UpToDate product backlog
- Prompt response to client enquiries
- Efficient time management and accurate job recording
- Effective communication with and support for clients and staff
- Provides solid feedback and helps team members.
- Supports Financial Director where necessary in relation to payment issues.
Key skills & qualifications
- Sound data analysis skills
- Strategic thinker: understands client requirements, including top level strategic/business/marketing objectives
- Precise and empathetic communicator: articulates client requirements to scrum team via written briefs, detailed functional specifications and meetings where appropriate, both on macro (project) level and micro (task/postit) level.
- Outgoing, gregarious and personable: owns and nurtures the client relationship, managing expectations and schmoozing where necessary!
- Nose to tail appreciation of all aspects of marketing including strategy, design, development SEO,
- Outreach, PPC, CRO, SMM, Email Marketing and Analytics.
- For existing clients, owns all new work/quoting discussions with clients, directors and key stakeholders
- Conversant with the latest marketing trends, relevant opportunities and industry news
- Superb organisational, negotiation and administrative skills: logs job financials (billing plans, draftinvoices etc.) on studio management software (Synergist), oversees client budgets, creates and negotiates client contracts prior to work commencing and tracking ongoing work against that agreed to identify scope creep/nondelivery; obtains and records client signoff at appropriate project milestones
- Attention to detail: ensures all work completed hits deadlines, reflects agreed specification, is clientappropriate/on brand and is expected to meet client's minimum expectations
- Appreciative of the wider aims of the company: knows when a case should be made for over delivery and its implications, both positive and negative
- Minimum of 2 years + experience as a Senior Marketing Executive/Digital Marketing Executive
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, GSuite, Google Analytics etc.
If you're smart, enthusiastic, and are looking to push yourself in a place where you will be looked after, valued and listened to, you've come to the right place. :)
Closing date for applications: 10th August 2018.
They're not using recruitment agencies to fill this position. Please, please, ?please don't contact them speculatively. Where they require help with recruitment, they have a specialist agency they employ and that they're really happy with. Thank you (and sorry - they know some of you guys are great, they just keep getting inundated).
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.