Electrical Engineer - MV Switchgear

Recruiter
Cordant Technical and Engineering
Location
Huntingdon
Posted
11 Jul 2018
Closes
09 Aug 2018
Sector
Engineering
Contract Type
Permanent
Hours
Full Time

Electrical Engineer - Switchgear (MV) - £40,000 - £45,000 - St Neots , 5% Bonus, Pension, Healthcare and more!!

This is a superb opportunity for a candidate with a solid Electrical / Switchgear background within the power distribution industry to join a market leading corporate business with superb career progression opportunities!

Company Overview

This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading, global organisation with excellent career progression opportunities and a forward thinking attitude to work/life balance.

Role Outline

Our client are looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join a team of 3 other Electrical Engineers plus a Power Management Engineer and a Proposals Engineer.
This arm of the business is responsible for supplying UPS (Uninterruptible Power Systems) and ICSS (Integrated Control Safety System) to the oil and Gas industry.
You will be involved in the process from Quotation to Factory acceptance all the way through to installation. You will be the Electrical expert however will have to liaise with other engineers in regards to the HVAC and Fire and security.
You will need to be able to read drawings from the clients and also be confident enough to consult with them if the design needs changing in any way. This is a true cradle to grave role in that you are involved with the client at their initial design and see it through to installation on site.
The product is sold as a "cubicle" or "E-Houses" as they are "containerised". Inside it is basically a switching room that is responsible for the power distribution of a site within the oil and gas industry. This can include Platforms at sea, on land, large sites and even overground pipelines.
This role is an office based job however involves occasional Global travel (if the customer requests) and you will typically be visiting the client / site once a month.
You will need to have an excellent knowledge of power transmission and distribution up to 33KV. (LV and MV)
You will spend 80% of your time on a "primary project" and the other 20% finalising and handing over completed projects.
Overall you need to be highly experienced in power transmission, distribution upto 33KV. You need to be credible in front of clients and internal stakeholders. You will also need to be flexible in that this role involves travel and in that the size of the jobs can fluctuate a lot.
You need to be an organised, proactive person who fully understands anc can interpret electrical drawings.

Responsibilities will include :

Liaise with internal and external global departments
Experience in designing within the electrical transmission industry up to 33KV
Package management of HV switchgear, LV switchgear, UPS and power/control cables from initial enquiry to Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
Switchroom layouts including the review of cable routing
Liaison with third parties including the fabrication yard and Client.
Interface technically with the client to optimize the system design, co-ordinate resolution of technical queries.
Short circuit calculations, harmonic analysis and earthing strategies
Load List & able sizing

Requirements

Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Knowledge and Experience with 11kv - 33kv Switchgear
Flexible to travel (Sometimes Overseas)
Salary/Benefits
£40,000 - £45,000 DoE
5% Bonus
33 days holiday
Matched company pension scheme up to 10%
Private Medical
37.5 hours per week
Overtime Available

Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer

Similar jobs

Similar jobs