Project Support Officer
Leighton is an award winning integrated technology business. We use vision, creativity and expertise to connect businesses with their customers and drive commercial success across multiple touchpoints. Working with us isn’t just about achieving the end result, it’s about what we do to get there, changing the way you think about your business and the benefits of digital forever.
We work with a range of high profile brands such as British Airways, Home Group and IKEA, as well as smaller growing companies.
As a key member of the Project Delivery team, you will work alongside our Operational teams to provide vital support during the Project delivery lifecycle. You will help to organise and drive forward a variety of projects and play a key part in their successful delivery.
As every project is different, the role will be varied and often fast-paced. You will primarily provide assistance to the Programme and/or Project Managers and help them to ensure project artefacts are accurate and up to date. You will advise on the correct implementation of key processes which need to be followed.
The role will also involve direct engagement with key stakeholders, in particular our customers.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a highly organised and self-driven individual with a "can do" attitude. The day-to-day will be varied and regularly changing, so you must be excellent at prioritising your workload.
Essentially you will have:
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, project delivery focused environment
- Experience of working with a variety of stakeholders including Clients, Programme/Project Managers, Technical Teams and Third Party Suppliers.
- Experience of using project management related software - in particular Office 365, SharePoint, Microsoft Project and JIRA.
- Exposure to project processes, with some familiarity of PRINCE2 and Scrum.
- Confident in a client facing environment, as well as within the internal office environment.
- High levels of energy and drive, including the enthusiasm to be able to maintain momentum during projects
- Organise and support meetings, workshops and events to support the delivery of projects, including the preparation and circulation of agendas and meeting invitations and recording of meeting minutes.
- Maintain and continuously improve administrative systems, including project plans, project logs (RAID and other), document storage systems, meeting minutes, financial tracking and other project artefacts.
- Produce reports, briefings and information sheets as required by the project.
- Arrange room bookings, refreshments, printing, copying, distribution, travel and other administrative tasks in support of the team
- Monitor and track project start up processes
- Provide support to the Project Management team in maintaining milestone plans, logs and financial data.
- Ensure the Project Management toolset (e.g. PWA) is kept up to date and compliant with mandatory processes
- Track financial information - including approved budgets, committed expenditure, co-ordination of invoice payments and contract expiry dates.
- Provide portfolio level support, including advising Project Managers on the correct processes which should be followed.
- Support the development and maintenance of a lessons learnt database.
- Contributing to the Leighton induction process.
- Contributing to the organisation of social events.
What We Offer
We value our team. So to attract exceptional people we offer an excellent package. You can look forward to a competitive salary (dependent on experience), a contributory pension scheme and death in service benefit. We also offer a relaxing 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and, because we know that life doesn’t always fit around work, a semi-flexible approach to your working day. We also encourage your continued personal development.
People must be available for interview on the 24th July 2018.