We are currently recruiting for Will Writer to join our Head Office team based in Royal William Yard, Plymouth on a full time, permanent basis. We are one of the UK’s leading equity release mortgage brokers with huge growth plans. We now require someone with a legal background who has ambitions to manage their own team in the future and contribute to our continued success.
The successful candidate will be responsible for clients and Responsible Life’s Equity Release Specialists, taking instruction and fact finding to prepare and then draft Wills and Last Power of Attorneys to meet the client’s requirements.
We are happy to up skill the right person in this role, previous will writing experience is desirable but in no way essential.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
- Establishing contact with clients following referral
- Manage own diary to book in client referrals
- Taking instruction from clients and fully understanding their needs
- Analyse clients circumstance to establish suitable solutions for their individual needs
- Provide information in line with each individual client’s objectives and circumstances on the preparation of a draft Will and or a Lasting Power of Attorney
- Confirm acceptability of draft with Client, prepare final document, send to client and register with appropriate organisation on completion
- Ensure that records are kept in line with Responsible Life’s policies
- Take a proactive approach to Continuous Professional Development
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required
- Future leadership and mentoring of junior members of the team
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience drafting single and mirror Wills (Desirable)
- Previous experience drafting Lasting Power of Attorneys (Desirable)
- Member of an appropriate professional body or willingness to obtain
- Experience within the legal environment
- GCSE English and Maths grade A to C with A level education.
This position represents a great opportunity for someone to really make an impact for us in what will be to start a standalone position. On offer for the successful candidate will be a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme and continued professional development.
If you feel you have the skills, experience and drive to take our service to the next level it would be great to hear from you.