We are recruiting part time Support Workers for our services in the Essex Area.
As a Support Worker, you will be responsible for supporting service users with a wide range of learning difficulties such as Autism, Mental health, Learning disabilities, Challenging behaviour and Complex needs.
Activities of care vary from daily living skills, personal care, travel escorts, the teaching of independent living skills to assist with accessing activities such as going to college, swimming, work placements and other social and leisure activities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Supporting vulnerable service users gain their independence
• Supporting service users with every part of their daily lives - Cooking, cleaning, visits to the shops etc
• Working with social services and GP’s arranging and attending check ups
• Managing some challenging behaviours
• Working with residents with learning disability, autism and some challenging behaviour
• Maintaining a high standard of support, focusing on the service-users’ well-being
• Arranging days out for service users, encouraging them to be as productive as possible
• Some service users may need assistance with Personal care
What we require from candidates:
• Must have a minimum of 6 months experience supporting clients with Learning Disabilities, Complex Care and Mental Health
• Flexibility and Reliability
• Should be outgoing and have a bubbly personality
• Passionate about the care of vulnerable people with various mental health, Learning difficulties, Autistic backgrounds or Nonverbal disabilities.
• Must have good level of spoken and written English
• Eligible to work in the UK
• Willing to grow and develop yourself with the help of our National Training Manager and Training officers
What we Offer:
• Immediate Starts
• Competitive Rates
• Shifts available depending on your availability
• Awesome Training and development plans across the UK