Job Title: Installation Engineer – South West covering along the M4 Corridor from Heathrow to Gloucester
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Field based covering Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire and West Berkshire
Hours: 39 hours per week
Salary: £25000 - £26000 + van + overtime + bonus (OTE £35k)
About the Role:
We are current seeking to recruit an Installation to survey and carry out the installation of Arjo equipment into long term and acute healthcare facilities in the South West of England.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- To carry out installation Arjo equipment in accordance with company and installation procedures, whilst seeking to optimise use of time and minimise associated costs.
- To ensure he/she is fully conversant with products working on and company and local health and safety requirements and arrangements so work on customer's premises is done in a professional and safe manner.
- To complete and submit all relevant documentation accurately and within agreed timescales.
- On arrival at customer's premises, to inform staff of reason for visit and request permission before carrying out required work. Upon completion of required work, to ensure work area is clean and tidy, disposal of part and chemicals is in line with site instructions and relevant documentation is fully completed, correctly authorised and required copies left with authorising employee.
- To feedback any recommendations to Arjo following visits to customers premises, and on an ongoing basis to contribute ideas and observations in a professional manner, that may support ongoing improvement in Arjo products and services.
- To ensure personal appearance and levels of hygiene and health are of an exemplary standard in keeping with the company’s market area and ethos.
- To maintain all tools, spares and equipment within his/her care in a safe working condition highlighting anything unsafe to the Installation Supervisor immediately. Any losses, breakages or excess wear and tear should be reported to the Installation Supervisor to authorise Engineer obtaining replacements.
- To liaise with Arjo co-ordinator and customer contacts to advise intended appointment times and duration of works to ensure customers are fully informed at all times.
- When required carry out service, repairs, or retro fits to equipment on-service contract in accordance with Arjo Service procedures or technical advice notices.
- Electrically or mechanical qualified to a minimum of City & Guilds 2 / 3
- This role requires previous technical experience in a similar Installation environment.
- Knowledge of building and construction materials.
- Construction Site Skills level (CSCS, SKILLcard level)
- Strong communication & IT skills.
- Ability to work on their own or as part of a team.
- Knowledge and experience of working in the medical device industry would be beneficial.
- Good physical fitness level.
- Work at heights. (PASMA & IPAF)
- Operate plant machinery. (Drilling and cutting materials)
- IT literate and working experience of MS Office & IOS packages.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Regular travel throughout South West England will be required.
- Willing to travel with overnight stays away from home.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure check will be carried out (at the cost of Arjo)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82211873