Mechanical Maintenance Fitter
I am recruiting for a Maintenance Fitter for my client who is a leading Manufacturer, they are keen to employ a candidate from a strong production and manufacturing background.
Purpose of Job:
Install, inspect, diagnose and repair machinery, equipment, appliances and components to ensure the efficient and effective running of all plant and machinery to assist in optimum run speeds and production output.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings
- Operate machine tools - lathe, milling machine, band saw, grinders, press tools, welding
- Active involvement in the maintenance and installation of steam boilers/steam lines and installations
- Active involvement in the maintenance and installation of vacuum pumps, diaphragm pumps, compresses
- Fault find and repair a range of manufacturing equipment using various sources of information to locate the cause of breakdowns in an objective manner
- Complete the installation of new plant and machinery
- Observe and enforce all health and safety practices within the plant
- Accurately report and record machine data
- Accurately complete and update the computerised management system
- Ensure planned maintenance is completed in timely fashion
- Complete installation and maintenance work on pneumatics and hydraulics
- Communicate and liaise with colleagues on engineering issues, problems and projects
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and work without continuous supervision
- Challenge constructively existing ideas and practices
- Continuously look for improvements to the service and good practice within their role.
- Work with production shift manager's and machine operators to identify faults, failures and prioritise
Qualifications and Skills
- Engineering background in a manufacturing industry background
- City & Guilds, BTEC or NVQ qualifications or completed a time served mechanical apprenticeship.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Skilled in the operate machine tools - lathe, milling machine, band saw, grinders, press tools, welding
- Knowledge of steam boilers/steam lines and installations, vacuum pumps, diaphragm pumps, compressors
- Pneumatics & Hydraulics
- Pc literate (MS office)
- Welding certificate
Key Competencies & Personal Qualities
- Personal Confidence and Assertiveness: Displays a self-belief that instils confidence in others.
- Communication: Sees communication as a two way process. Makes time to listen and value the opinion of others.
- Problem solving & Decision Making: Often seeks views of others before making a decision. Demonstrates a clear logical approach, considering all aspects before reaching a decision. Ability, determination and persistence to seek out and act on the root cause of an issue.
- Consistent, Reliable & Professional: Highly committed to their work and goes the extra mile when required to achieve results.
- Relationship Builder: Sufficiently self-aware to understand their personal impact on others. Creates an atmosphere of trust and sincerity, treating people honestly with respect.
- Personal Organisation: Has a structured, focused and organised approach to planning and prioritising their work. Uses procedures and appropriate tools to keep on track.
- Technical Knowledge: Demonstrates an in depth understanding of their function and the knowledge required to carry it out. Speaks with confidence and conviction, demonstrating credibility in their job role. Keen to remain up to date and knowledgeable in their area of expertise.
Factory environment. Must be prepared to a 3 shift pattern - regular overtime - and attend call available and will be paid at a premium.
If you are interested then please contact Nicole Cooling
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.