Quantity Surveyor High End Residential
About the Company:
Our client is a well-respected specialist in high specification residential projects. The areas they cover are Chelsea, Kensington and Mayfair. They provide a broad range of bespoke individual and specialist building services, from in house design through to construction, refurbishment and ongoing maintenance. Most of their work comes from repeat business and very prestigious and well known client referrals. The company employs its own workforce and projects range from small works up to the value of £10m, all of which use the finest materials.
About the Role:
Our client is currently looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor for their high end residential refurbishment projects. At present they are expanding their business and have many new projects coming up and already started in and around prime residential areas in London including Kensington and Mayfair. You will be ultimately responsible for valuations of the works carried out with monitoring of costs to achieve monthly reconciliation of projects. Ensuring the timely pricing of Variations and chasing of payment. Duties will include:
- Attend site at regular intervals to value works completed.
- Request CVI’s and day work sheets for any outstanding items.
- Price Variations to the BQ, revised drawings and specifications.
- Price Variations from Qualifications, changes to provision of attendances, expenditure of provisional sums.
- Price site instructions, CVI’s and Day work sheets.
- Provide detailed rate build ups where necessary.
- Value delays to the programme.
- Value any supplier contra charges.
- Re-measure the works if applicable.
- Submit Valuations in Excel format and e-mail to main contractor in line with schedule of valuation dates.
- Periodically line up costs to check interim profitability.
- Chase payment with accounts depts. to ensure received in line with agreed payment terms.
- Produce figures for monthly cost value reconciliation on each project.
- Submit final account on completion of project.
- Attend final account meetings as necessary and agree account; produce final CVR
- Chase retentions when due.
- Ensure documentation is collated and stored in line with Company policies.
About the benefits / rewards:
Our client support, develop and understand their employees. They offer employee stability through permanent long-term employment and stable working environment. You will be well rewarded for your hard work with a remuneration package that will correspond to the individuals experience and skills. This position offers an excellent basic salary of between £50,000 - £65000 dependent on experience.
The Suitable candidate will have experience in Quantity Surveying prestigious high end refurbishments including listed buildings with values between £1-5m. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience with a degree in commercial management / Quantity Surveying or similar. It would also be desirable if you are a 1 hour commute to their office in West London.
Please contact: Jon @ cityscapeltd.com or call 01923 750 095