Highways Area Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
Highways Area Manager - Bucks
We are looking for a Highways Area Manager to work on our Client's Buckinghamshire Contract, based out of their Amersham depot.
Our client is a large Highways maintenance and engineering company operating Nation-wide with offices throughout the UK.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the role involves leading an area based team responsible for the operational service of the Highways contract alongside highway safety inspections, permit enforcement and member engagement activities.
The Area Manager is also required to develop, plan and manage the delivery of localised services which meet organisational and customer / stakeholder requirements and will manage the team of staff responsible for service delivery within the localised area.
Other day to day activities on this busy Highways Maintenance contract include managing Member and Stakeholder relationships & expectations, as well as ensuring business efficiency, a quality service and performance improvements.
This role will require excellent communication skills, experience in operational service delivery, planning and business management.
- To be local point of contact for Members to raise issues within the Service.
- To bring a collaborative approach to working with Officers, Members, stakeholders and suppliers.
- To be accountable for the delivery of services across the Area, including delivery to programme, to standards, to budget.
- Builds relationships with internal and external supply chain partners. Makes internal and external supply chain partners to ensure that they work to appropriate Health, Safety Environmental and quality standards and deliver to budget when operating in Area of responsibility. Holds supply chain to account for performance.
- Champions Health, Safety & Environment (HSE), Continuous Improvement and Performance Management, Promotes a culture of Innovation, Best Practice and quality of delivery.
- To ensure that the LATs, Safety Inspectors, NRSWA Inspectors and Rights of Way Inspectors work in a coordinated way sharing intelligence and supporting each other.
- To be an inspirational leader to the Area Team and bring a culture of teamwork and collaborative with other teams.
- To liaise with other Area Managers and Team Leaders to coordinate county wide activities and provide support and resilience to other teams.
- Ensure that the maintenance teams are appropriately skilled and equipped to carry out all maintenance activities.
- Ensure resilience within the teams at times of peak demand to ensure delivery of statutory requirements.
- Ensures the efficient use of fleet and full investigation of vehicle damage incidents through application of the Vigiroute systems.
- Responsible for the achievement of efficiency savings and KPIs relating to work undertaken in the Area of responsibility.
- Undertakes Personal and Development Reviews (PDRs) and identify training needs of direct reports and ensures timely achievement of PDR across the Delivery Team.
- To ensure the setting and achievement of individual and team based targets and objectives.
- Out of Hours support - be supportive when required in an emergency situation, on rota to be silver command support on a rota system.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Team Leading or Site Supervision.
- Managing Safety.
- Experience of managing operational teams and planning activities.
- Experience of dealing with members of the public, including through public meetings.
- Proven excellent written communication skills.
- Required to be mobile throughout Buckinghamshire and therefore a valid driving licence and use of vehicle if not provided.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with key people both internally and externally.
- Experience of budgetary governance, management and control measures.
- Experience of management of staff including performance management.
- A Level or HND educated, or equivalent qualification.
- NVQ Level 4/5 or equivalent in Management.
If you possess the Highways experience that our Client desires then we want to hear from you!
If you're able to get to Amersham for work then please apply with your CV today, or give us a call on 0207 0333 100 to discuss the role further.