Our client a Tier One Main Contractor is recruiting for an Estimator for an exciting project in South West London. The company is an award-winning contractor with a significant pipeline of work for the coming years. There will be continuous opportunities for progression within the organisation.
- Foster relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
- Attend on-site pre-bid/proposal conferences and site visits
- Develop and review subcontractor scopes of work and accept, review, and analyse subcontractor quotes for best value
- Prepare project bid status reports and ensure compliance with all specifications and contract Statements of Work and Bid Invitations.
- Present cost estimates to meet customer proposals, providing consideration for general and special conditions.
- Prepare scope specifications and requirements, prepare and inputs project schedules, perform quantity take-offs, prepare cost summary sheets, and input quantities into estimating software
- Maintain an accurate, current database cost codes of accounts for historical data
- Review Company jobs and compare on a timely basis to as-sold estimates to confirm accuracy of estimate.
- Utilize the appropriate company and industry historical data for pricing estimates JOB
- Relevant construction quantification
- 5 years Related Estimating Experience
- Advanced project estimator skills that include performing engineering calculations, being conversant in engineering nomenclature to effectively communicate with Application Engineers, Product Managers, Project Managers, Engineering and vendors
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to read, understand and organize construction plans and specifications
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal structure while exercising great judgment
- Strong Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, Power Point, Word, Outlook)
Remuneration and Package
- £55,000 - £75,000 neg
- Health Insurance