SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
To apply for this SEN Teaching Assistant role it is essential that you have the following:
- Psychology/Creative Degree
- Sincere interest in working with SEN children
- Non- graduates - paid/voluntary or personal previous experience working with SEN students
- Experience with family or extended family who may have Autism
- Primary school - C grade for English/Maths & Science
- Passionate & sincere about Special Educational Needs
- Displaying good knowledge of Autism
- Being able to travel to Barking and Dagenham
The School in Barking and Dagenham
The school is a very large special school in Barking and Barking and Dagenham and they serve the special educational needs of disabled children and young people. They are very proud of their school, the successes and achievements of the pupils and their reputation within the community as a place which strives to provide the best service possible to the children and their families.
They have highly motivated and well trained staff who are committed to creating a school in which their pupils receive an outstanding education and provide a service to the residents of Barking and Dagenham which is permanent and sustainable. They know that the community shares their aspirations that they provide high quality teaching in which achievement, attainment and progress are at the heart of their work.
This SEN Teaching Assistant role would be perfect for an individual who is:
***Are you someone with experience of working with children with ASD in a mainstream or special school?
***Do you have experience working particularly with children working at P levels/low cognitive ability?
***Do you have knowledge of TEEACH strategies and speech and language interventions?
***Do you have voluntary experience or personal experience with Autistic children?
***Do you have good knowledge of Barking and Dagenham?
The SEN Teaching Assistant Role:
- You must be able to plan your own activities and pretty much get on with it without too much support.
- Working 1:1 with a child with severe Autism
- Writing reports on the child's attainment
- Empathetic with parents and understanding their situation
- Be able to integrate into the mainstream
- Using your learned skills through your course in a real life situation
- Daily pay rate £75-£80
To apply for this SEN Teaching Assistant role in Barking and Dagenham please contact Hannah Payne on and upload your c.v today. I look forward to hearing from you soon.